Blacksmith Experience Day - 14th July 2023
product unavailableadd to wish list
- Forge safety
- Using a gas forge
- Forging the blade to shape
- Forging the knife handle form
- Shaping the handle by scrolling
- Heat treating, normalising hardening and tempering
- Blade finishing, sharpening, and edge testing
This is a perfect introduction to the craft of the Bladesmith.
Knife sheathes will be available for you to purchase for your knife at the end of the class.
Short video presenting what is happening during the course.
The course day runs from 9am - 5pm.
Safety equipment is provided for all the classes but please ensure that you have non-flamable clothing and sturdy shoes (preferably leather). No shell suits, fleeces or synthetic flammable materials (cotton and wool are perfect).